Light Bearers vs. Prophets of Doom

by on October 28, 2009

The Threshing Floor Radio Show-October 28, 2009-Randy Maugans

“And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath
not spoken?  22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to
pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously:
thou shalt not be afraid of him.”-Deuteronomy 18:21

pdf Show Notes-TF-10-28-2009-Light-bearers-vs-Prophets-of-Doom

dark-light

It needs to said—again and again: it is time for balance in the operation of prophecy. Rampaging on the landscape of alternative media (shortwave, satellite, web radio) are a strange brew of enterprising personalities, who apparently think the prophetic mantle includes running a “fear for profit” cottage industry.

quayle

Steve Quayle

The “big league” master is Steve Quayle, who claims he was “sent…as a prophet to the nations, after the order of Jeremiah.”

(Note: as was pointed out to me by a listener named Glenn, the Jeremiah quote which I attributed to Quayle, is actually from Stephen Bening—I mistakenly dropped the quote from Bening (found on Quayle’s website) into my notes as being from Quayle). My apologies to the listeners for the confusion–I goofed!)

Quayle makes his living selling gold and survival supplies via his presence on shortwave, satellite,  and internet radio. The MAJOR product which Quayle peddles is FEAR, GLOOM, and DOOM.  And buy some gold and survival supplies, please!

He enjoys tremendous popularity on George Nouri’s “Coast To Coast” and the Alex Jones Show.  Abetted by one of “many inside sources” , the pseudononymous “Hawk Talon”—he scares the crap out of the still  gullible “Christians” who thrive on the adrenaline bursts of his daily “alerts”.

The other side of the spectrum includes weird rod-dipping, death curse emitting, adulterous wackos, like Matthew Stephen and Stephen Bening; the date-setting (and missing) Vincent Xavier and the strange doctrines and missed dates of Benjamin Baruch.

The issues in the prophetic movement are deep and grave. Genuine prophets, now submerged in the backdrop are rising up. The time to get the house in order is nearly full. God judges HIS house first, and the prophets are first in line if they  do not cease their fear-mongering and idle predictions.

Liked this? Share it with your friends!

Find more like this: Doctrine, Prophecy, Radio Shows, Randy Maugans, Teaching , , , , , ,

25 Responses to Light Bearers vs. Prophets of Doom

• Pingback: Nov.1st 2009 – Open rebuke to Pastor Vincent Xavier, false prophet of New Wine Ministry « Sola Dei Gloria

• Thomas says:

Please do not put Benjamin Baruch in teh same catagory as Vincent Xavier.

Benjamin is a man who truly seeks teh will of God and he is also my friend. If he is wrong then let the Lord deal with him. but I will tell you that God is raising up men of wisdom for this hour and we need to hear the message not shoot the messenger. dig deep into the word of God and hear what he is speaking to his called out. GOD does speak to individuals.
    Test all things…

Thomas Hunt
    Narrow Pathway Ministries
    Prescott AZ

• randymaugans says:

Thomas-
    Thanks for the comment:

I did not specifically put Benjamin Baruch in the same “category” as Vincent Xavier, but I did note that both Benjamin and my friend Nathan Leal appeared with Xavier on his radio show—and Benjamin appeared at least twice that I am aware of. I agree that Benjamin is NOT a “false prophet” by scriptural standards as I see his heart.

That said, Benjamin made several prophetic statements in his book, and elsewhere in appearances, that were based upon faulty doctrinal underpinnings and used those understanding to project timing aspects that did not withstand scrutiny. Benjamin has not answered any challenges I made to date–the invitation stands.

That said, I view Benjamin as a valuable messenger to the degree he interprets scripture accurately and does not embrace errors that are baked into the religious system. I view ALL the servants of YAHWEH as fellow laborers—I hold myself accountable to the same standards, as well.

This show is unfortunate in that it did lump together a number of false teachers with some who simply erred. Vincent Xavier is a false prophet because he embraces a false theology of the Latter Rain/Third Wave/Kansas City Prophetic movement and the prosperity “gospel”…and his own hypocrisy of both disputing, but embracing the 501(c)3 structure of the Beast Religious System.

I will point out that David Wilkerson, whom you promote on your website, is also part of this “double-minded” system, as he also has an INCORPORATED (501(c)3) ministry—THIS IS DOUBLE-MINDEDNESS and blunts the prophetic message of “come out of her…”

I would have to presume you, Thomas, have not listened to the “Threshing Floor” shows, for if you have you see we “dig (very) deep into the word of God.” Deep enough to sense when the train goes of the rails, and WHY many good-sounding “voices”, seeming to hold sound doctrine are deceived.

I am glad to account for any errors I may commit, and to answer to misunderstandings which come as result of miscommunication. That said, I pointed to critical errors in Benjamin Baruch’s prophetic view that to date remain unanswered unanswered.

Randy Maugans

• randymaugans says:

I take exception with specific points in Benjamin’s exegesis of certain key scriptures related to (specifically) Israel and and particularly the “man child” prophecy made in his book, “The Day of the Lord Is At Hand”:

“The seventh week ended in 1998 and was followed by the seventieth Jubilee of Israel and the hundred
    and twentieth Jubilee of creation. What has followed has been the eighth week, at time of new
    beginnings, which will end in March of 2006. Based upon a literal fulfillment of Daniel’s prophecy, the
    Messiah the Prince must therefore come before the end of the eighth week in order to fulfill the
    scripture perfectly for He comes after seven weeks (and therefore during the eighth week) and not after
    eight weeks. Please understand, this is the in-breaking of the Lord, the coming of Messiah to complete
    the second half of his seven year ministry upon the earth and it is not the literal second coming, for that
    will await the conclusion of the great tribulation. Rather, the coming of the Messiah in the
    ministry of the annointed messengers of God, will occur before March of 2006. This coming is the
    revealing of the man-child of revelation.”

I may not dispute with some points of this word, as a study of the manchild, butI dispute both the prophetic timing of this writing, and also the (incorrect) exegesis of scripture in Psalm 90:10, by which he arrived at this screwball timing. AND the misapplication of Daniel 9—which is a FULFILLED prophecy which has nothing to do with the manchild of Revelation 12 directly—and this particular prophecy is false in its rendering. Benjamin apparently still sells this book, it is in circulation (2nd edition), and he still cites it on his website: http://www.benjaminbaruch.com/excerpts.php

• Laura says:

Just wondering, Randy, with so much error… how in the world is he (Benjamin) not a fasle prophet? False prophets always have a percentage correct, a percentage flat-out wrong. It’s in the job description.

Sorry for the disagreement, but he appears to be in the same pot as the rest of them, with a little different flavor…any way you wanna dissect it.

P.S. So, when people who do not know the Word well (or yet), and are listening to these types, how in the WORLD are THEY to discern the garbage fantasies of these individuals from any truth that may stray out of such peoples’ mouth? Honest question, iykwim?

False prophets. Period. Exclaimation point.

• Liz says:

I have a question/observation here. I have listened to Steve Quayle off and on over the last 2 years and when I realized that all I was feeling was anxiety and fear, that was not of God. I got frankly tired of hearing all about ‘buy gold and silver’ and whatever other goods were needed because something was about to happen at any moment.

Here lies a problem with Nathan Leal. He has now joined up with Steve Quayle and does a weekly show on Quayle’s site, and does some advertising also. That seems like some double mindedness to me. We are in days of great deception and my concern is that Leal is not ‘under’ a new mantle with Quayle and it makes it appear that the focus is on money rather than messages that will encourage and edify the church. It’s so much doom and gloom, which we already have heard plenty of.

Just my observation and now I am a bit mistrusting of Nathan.
    Confused.

• randymaugans says:

Given that Nathan Leal has now chosen to prostitute himself by joining Steve Quayle; that he is part of the fear-for-money machine; and that he lacks discernment regarding both Quayle and Benjamin Baruch, we have to re-evaluate the statements made by him and conclude that he also has sold out.

While I do not any longer listen—to Nathan, or anyone else—I can’t comment on his radio show. I will say that a lying spirit and a religious spirit bind these host and their listeners and prevent them from moving beyond the fear. We have nothing to fear…we are to repent and love God, regardless of the times. Truth is: end times prophecy is just another business model; the spirit is of error and not truth.

Randy Maugans

• Thomas says:

I will call NAthan and ask him about his radio show on the survive2thrive network it is my understanding that Nathan is truly seeking the will of God.

• Thomas says:

Randy I love your Show i would like to talk to you about being on it
    Email me please

all4yeshua@minister.com

• Thomas says:

As for Benjamin he to is a personal friend and is misunderstood by many. all I have to say is that the message of the true watchmen and Prophets will be Vexation of the Soul to those who hear it. so if you are offended or vexed then perhaps it i time to take a spiritual inventory and examin yourselve to see weather you are of the faith. Oh by the way stop going to the Harlot Church and seek God outside of this False system of “Churches”

Church defined. origen Saxxon = Kirk or Kirkus a circle often refered to the term Circus

Eklesia origen GR = Called out ones ( called out By God for God)

there is a Difference

• randymaugans says:

Thomas-
    If, as you say, Benjamin Baruch is a personal friend, ask him WHY he continues to teach false doctrine (as I outlined in the show), why he is not accountable for errors in his book…and HOW does he continue to operate INSIDE Babylon’s corrupt money system as a financial analyst for corporate churches. Also ask him to clarify numerous trips he made around the country flying first-class with an unidentified woman….?

We are all familiar with the corrupt church system, but the so-called “remnant” are just as corrupt. Baruch regularly appears on Rick Wiles’ TruNews, which uses the phony dodge of a “Corporate Sole” entity to escape the 501(c)3 tag…Wiles, like Baruch, holds false doctrines, false prophetic spirit, and operates EXACTLY like the world inside the Babylon money system. Baruch has failed predictions, as does Wiles dating back to 1998…I don’t recall seeing a retraction or repentence.

Hmmmmm!

Randy Maugans

• Thomas says:

First I want to thank you for the Info I have been off the Grid for a while.

Perhapps I need to re evaluate my connections to those who are false or at the very least bringing out false predictions. you can call me and we will talk I will E Mail my Number to you if you Give me youe Address and we can discus this furhter

• Thomas says:

Got off the Phone with Nathan and you know what. if I wear you I would listen to what he says he is correct and doing what God has Given him to do and he does it faithfully

• Laura says:

The thing of it is Thomas, you state that Benjamin Baruch is “misunderstood by many”. Funny, upon challenging him in an email once, that is exactly the excuse I received by him, I “misunderstood” him. Man, I thought I spoke English fairly well, and understood equally as well. I am so sorry, but I do not buy this. Let your yays be yay, and your nays be nay. What is up with this “misunderstanding” thingy … a newfound loophole?

Following man/”men” in these endtimes will prove to be the downfall of many, many souls. Trusting in THEM and THEIR WORDS and INTERPRETATIONS instead of the pure WORD of GOD (no twists and personal acrobatics) will prove to be an eternal mistake. His WORD is what it says. It is what it is. It says what it says. “Ministers” add to the WORD with their (personal) insanity all too often. And the people “love” it that way, because it feels good and costs them nothing to believe lies. Believing the truth will cost you.

If “they” put it out there, “they” are subject to a Scriptural scrutiny, as long as that is where the scrutiny comes from. The Scriptures: the FINAL authority. Worship no man. (God is a jealous God.) Judge their words by THE WORD. The ONE TRUE Spirit of God will help you….1 John 2:27….

“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.”
    By His SPIRIT, says the LORD.

• Bill Aicardi says:

It is one thing to have a false prophecy, you are not to fear them! But to ‘teach’ falsehoods is another thing. The Lord has given us plenty of witnesses to help us purify and sharpen our understanding. What Randy has written in all cases if true but many of you still cannot understand. If you watch associations on one man to another you will be enlightened a great deal. Then stand back and watch and listen and you find the false threads in their teachings. There is ‘no excuse’ for those who do not refine their understanding, they will stay where they are as God goes forward. I for one, have no patience with men who do not repent of their ‘mistakes’ or correct them so others can see. They are part of the delusion and are false teachers. The Holy Ghost leads into ALL TRUTH! Wake up – we are in the place we are today because of liars and thieves who steal what is Gods with their ‘false’ understanding or ‘blatant misleading’ of the body of Christ. There is a reason men do not recant and set the record straight – deceiving and being deceived. These are the men who cause division within the Body! MARK THEM

• bill johnson says:

The main problem with the false prophets mentioned in the above posts is that they cannot rightly divide the word of God. Thus they are left to bet on a horse which is wearing a different number than what their own PRE CONCEIVED program says. The read on their program that Kelso is # 5. When in fact Kelso is really wearing #3 on the track. So they bet on # 5 (making future prophecy on Kelso) but it is not Kelso, it is some other nag. They got the wrong horse and the wrong jockey. Next post time the same thing happens again; they think they are betting on Dr. Fagar, but they got stuck with another nag in desquise.

In other words they don’t know who is who in the bible. (identity crises).

Bill

• Drew Hamilton says:

I’ve read all of these posts. I have listened to all of these men Benjamin, Xavier and Nathan. I have the spirit of God in me. The Spirit of God has spoken to me through all of these men. However, they are men and are subject to fleshly error. They would be the first to agree with me. However, I still love them in the Lord and extend God’s grace to them and I am appreciative of their boldness to speak. Thier words have confirmed what the Lord has been revealing to me for the last 30 years.

However, I am suspect of the people who have issued these critical posts of them. I woud recommend that you all fast and pray and get close to the Lord and hear from the Lord himself. I have and what these men are preaching line up with what the Lord has been revealing to me through his Spirit.

I would quote Matthew 5: 11-12 to these men.

The day of the Lord begins at night, we are still in the night. Soon it will be day and these mens warnings will be validated.

Drew Hamilton

• David says:

Nathan Leal has completely sold out to become a full-blown survivalist on Steve Quayle’s show. But I never took any stock in what he said even before, because everything he ever said or posted on his website was about fear. I have never seen anyone so completely absorbed with and dedicated to spreading fear as this man is. He is a man who somehow thinks his calling is to incite as much fear as possible in the believers in today’s church. He calls that “waking people up.”

Anyone with even rudimentary knowledge of Scripture knows we are called to the high office of spreading the good news of the Risen Christ and the gospel to all corners of the world. Jesus never commissioned anyone to spread fear. We are told to not fear that which can only destroy the body, but to fear that which can destroy both body and soul in hell. Matt. 10:28

Mr. Leal is a headline hunter who can hardly conceal his excitement as he reads the news of each new disaster in the headlines, explaining to us that we will be the next victims if we don’t get our act straightened out with God. I prefer to read the Bible, where I am assured that I am covered by the blood of Christ, and that whatever happens to my body is for the greater glory of God, and will pale in significance to the great glory that awaits all those who obey the will of the Father in heaven.

• Vincenzo says:

Randy, I think that we really need to exercise discernment in areas regarding the prophetic, especially on some of these ‘end-times’ websites. There are many self-proclaimed watchmen running around claiming God said this or God said that. They think God is as at the world angry as they are. You know the old saying “like attracts like”? These guys generally have a following of people that are of the same mindset or spirit who will defend them viciously if anyone dares to “attack the man of God”. I don’t know about most of the guys you mentioned, Randy except Baruch. I watched a video of him on the Prophecy Club years ago and have heard a couple more of his interviews recently. Although much of what he says about the state of the church is true, something just didn’t sit right with me about the man, I sensed almost a disdainful spirit.

• randymaugans says:

I continue to marvel at the comments this show garners…it did hit some nerves!
    Vincenzo is right: discernment in prophecy is severely lacking; in fact, it is almost non-existent. Whereas, in my early life, prophecy was rare and even considered a lost gifting; thanks to the charismatic revivals of the late 70s-early 80s all kinds of “prophets” began to appear. The internet has made matters far worse, as now there is easy access to the “audience.”

Really, the guys I went after in this show are “small fish”, aside from Quayle—and even he is relatively unknown outside the microcosm he inhabits. The real “take away” if you will is that there is a cottage industry of so-called prophets—each with their own unique “spin”, and ALL share the same core pursuit of one emotion: FEAR.

I will go so far as to say that, as of this comment post, there is NO ONE—I repeat—NO ONE on the Christian “Bible Prophecy” scene that is either accurate, or has their heart in the right place. That said, the gift of prophecy does dwell in the places where the Spirit speaks words that inspire, re-direct, encourage, and reprove.

As for Benjamin Baruch: where are his prophecies of this “binary sun”, which was to wipe out billions of people—and where is Nathan Leal in correcting this obviously bad word? If one searches, one will find out “WHO” Baruch actually is: he is a financial adviser to big corporations and “non-profit” entities. Anyone who has listened to my shows this year know where all that falls in the control grid. Baruch, whether knowingly, or not, is an agent for “them.” I think he knows…and there are some interesting questions about his life that demand to be asked by anyone who mistakes his blathering for prophecy.

• Vincenzo says:

Randy, Thanks for expanding on what goes on in these prophetic groups. I did not know how corrupt much the network you describe is. You are right about fear being the big emotion. I remember how I felt after reading many of these prophecies and articles: fearful and depressed. I actually thought the Russians/Chinese were going to invade after Y2K! It can really hamstring your faith if you aren’t careful. I think my biggest problem with Baruch is the way he portrays God, as almost a hot-headed psychopath who yells and threatens. Have you heard some of the things he says God told him in his video on Prophecy Club? Like threatening to kill a man who ‘didn’t return to his First Love’? It makes me wonder what ‘source’ he’s hearing these things from. I know that God gives hard words at times, but this made me feel ill inside. Thanks again for your insights.

• Ed Hunter says:

Randy, I guess I just disagree completely with you on your views about these guys. The degree to which you attempt to marginalize and label these good Christian men is totally unacceptable. And it’s also not working.

If only for getting so many good Christians out of increasingly worthless paper money and into the safety and true value of gold and silver, Mr. Steve Quayle deserves an immense display of respect, gratitude, and admiration. But all you can do is throw him under the bus. Nice.

It says a lot that you sit back on some blog and take potshots at those who do the heavy lifting. The “Good News of Jesus” includes His exposure of Deception and many other unpleasant worldly and unworldly realities. Jesus ain’t all peaches and cream. The degree of denial and lack of bravery in some comments above are at times stunning.

Perhaps you still don’t own any gold or silver Randy? So odd. After all, it’s God’s money. Are your pockets full of the money of Mammon then? Did you know to buy gold 10 years ago at $250 p/oz? Did you tell anyone and everyone who would listen about why they needed to own it?

Steve Quayle did. Amazing foresight by any measure. See, to my eye, he’s at least as Blessed by Jesus as you are. Or maybe his Vision was the work of the devil? It sounds like it bothers you that Steve, Hawk, Nathan and the rest have run rings around you in their effectiveness in sharing and spreading real Good News.

And pony up with your own great investment idea for us will you please? It’s tough out here, we need all the good ideas we can get to stay above water financially. They’re blowing you away there too.

• randymaugans says:

I will reply to you here, as I no longer want to entertain this, now dated, subject.

First, your comments are loaded with presumptions about me personally…I have never stated an opposition to bearing precious currencies, or even modest preparation for emergencies. Were you to have been a long time listener to my shows (which date back to 2003—when I was on the same radio network as Mr. Quayle), you would have heard my own warnings about the fed, fiat currencies, hyper-inflation, and the planned demolition of the American economic system…old. old stuff. As to whether I hold such currencies: none of you, or anyone elses’ business.

I think you live in illusion to believe gold, silver, or any other currency is not also controlled by the power elites….gold, like every other commodity, is mined, refined, and sold by a single consortium under the DeBeers family—part of the Rothchild guild of central bankers. Your Bible tells you of a time when gold itself is thrown into the streets as worthless …so this is “God’s money”….really? I can tell you that your gold will also be stripped of its value, your survival supplies impounded, and every last vestige of human prudence will be stripped from you BECAUSE you believe in it! So go ahead and praise Steve Quayle…he laughs up his sleeve at the rubes who fall into his “fear for profit” programs.

By the way, gold and silver do not increase in value…it’s just the currency inflation that makes that illusion. So what are you going to trade for all your profits? Food is more expensive…so your gold is actually buying the same amount…maybe you can buy some more ammo to protect your gold…God wants you to KILL to preserve YOUR sorry ass! Tell me, what is that worth to you? Maybe you can toss a gold coin to a starving child…? That’ll work. I think you showed me YOUR faith.

I don’t have a financial investment strategy in this world…never did…nor have I pandered to lowest common denominator of human emotions on a daily basis to listeners of my shows in order to secure my own worldly fortunes…as has Mr. Quayle. Nor do I join myself to his “Thrive To Survive” network, and whore myself out as the weeping prophet of fear to keep people focused on the great tribulations….that never come. Men like Quayle, Nathan Leal, and Russ Dizdar, are all those of whom I spoke on my last show…they are simply merchants of fear and powerlessness…if they are blessed of Jesus at all it will be by mercies shown for their whoredoms!

Clearly, you are a man much possessed of your selfish and material needs for money…and your prideful, judgmental attitude places you squarely in the fold of these men who use the name of Jesus to market fear to line their own profits. So you are right where you belong—enjoy yourself!

By the way, that nicely Christian man, Steve Quayle, threw his own, long time associate/webmaster/network owner under the bus several years ago so he could go join forces with Jeff Rense and create his “Thrive To Survive” network…which these other godly whores then joined…”in Jesus’ name”…and this is just one of many times that Quayle has been known to betray people who did business with him…you see, Steve is all about Steve…

So enjoy your gold, and your selfish, narrow views…go ahead and judge me, too…but I have yet to hear a challenge from Quayle or anyone associated with him over the views I have expressed. Some day your opinions will be worth as much as your gold. Your soul, by then, will be worthless!

Randy

• Bill Johnson says:

Rinse, Quayle and the likes there of are not empowerd by the Holy Ghost, thus they speak only the ways of the flesh. In order to understand the ways of the Spirit one must put away the fears of the world and the desires of the flesh.
    The natual man descerns not the ways of the Spirit, for they are foolishness to him. Rinse and Quayle are merchandisers, and the Holy Spirit is a stranger to them, thus they are lost in their own fears. It is the Holy Ghost who opens up the understanding of God’s word.

Bill Johnson

• bill johnson says:

John 6

26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.

They did not seek Jesus because of the miracles, the religious structures and fake Prophets, Fake, Pastors, Fake denominations follow Jesus because of the free meals. That is why Pat Robertson, Billy Graham, Joyce Myers, Benny Henn, Paul Washer etc Quayles, Barochs etc. seek Jesus because there is lots of BREAD to be made. People do not follow Jesus for a free meal per-say but for earthly bread (profit in religion). If their was know money in it these churches, false prophets, and charlatans would close down. They want free bread.
    This is why most of the religious teachers cannot understand the bible, they eat not of His flesh and drink of His blood, they just want the free life style
    (bread) and glorification. Thus they will follow Him around. In verse 27 they labour for the wealth that perish. Most people wont read their bible because it provides no reason to get ahead. Joyce Myres and the likes have great reason to follow Jesus because their is a steady incoming of earthly sustenance.
    If their was no money in it they would have no interest in it like everybody else. remember they seek praises in the market places ,and enjoy the upper rooms (glory and ego)/ These wealth evangelists will put in great labour for the love of money. Yeh dude II can make a lotta bread doin this.

27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

These are the disciples who murmured amongst themselves and left when Jesus said you have to drink of my blood and eat of my flesh. These TV evangelists and false prophets would also leave if Jesus was in there present and told them this verse 26.

Bill